We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced WHS investigator / assurance coordinator with a strong background in investigations and assurance within complex environments to join our clients WHS Team.
The primary responsibility of the WHS Investigative & Assurance role is to uphold and promote the integrity of the organisation through the management of Assurance and investigations and its integrity programs including investigations, prohibited substance detection strategies, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) coordinating processes to ensure compliance with investigations
You will be working in collaboration with the WHS team and be responsible for achieving learnings from investigations outcomes.
Critical to the success of this role is also the development and management of cooperative integrity relationships
Key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Lead, investigations and actions in a timely and proficient manner and ensure the maintenance of accurate records
- Plan, direct and critique field operations and protocols
- Provide timely advice related to the status of investigations as required.
- Conduct and advocate cases
- Prepare briefs of evidence involving the investigation, identification, collection, preparation and presentation of evidence as required
- Appeals and Disciplinary Board and other bodies as required.
- Lead and implement transparent operating procedures, policies and guidelines relevant to the integrity compliance team including;
o Drug control program
- Provide leadership and guidance to dispute resolution
- Conduct Investigation
- Lead by example and develop, promote and maintain positive employee relations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of processes and practices used in investigations of a complex and sensitive nature.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Demonstrated extensive experience in using traditional and contemporary interviewing and other investigative techniques. I. CAM
- Proven extensive knowledge and understanding of the structure and culture of the business
- Demonstrable analytical problem solving skills, the ability to assess options and identify and implement solutions
- A thorough understanding and application of the principles of procedural fairness and natural justice
- Proven capability in producing briefs of evidence and managing the conduct of processes involving hearings, appeals and inquiries
- Proven analytical and investigative skills
- Demonstrated understanding and application of prohibited substances and testing protocols
- Knowledge and application of the Occupational Health And Safety Act in association with workplace assessments
- Experience in developing, implementing and reviewing practical operational protocols and policies
- Exemplary communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills to interact with a diverse range of key stakeholders from across the business
- Demonstrated sound organisation and planning skills and the ability to prioritise according to demands
- An impeccable record of integrity, tact, and ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.