Our client is an international FMCG company.
The HR team is going through a period of evolution, having had 7 figure investment in capability building, additional positions and technology the organisation recognizes and encourages HR as a key strategic partner in business delivery. We are proud of what has already been delivered and excited for the years ahead. The evolution includes recruiting strategic, experienced and senior leaders into our HR Leadership team to lead and drive the required change.
The newly formed HR Operations, Services and Systems team is made up of a diverse range of capabilities, all with one objective; to enable the business to realize the long term objectives through providing data and insights by which decisions can be made, and delivering support to associates and managers which goes beyond their expectations.
The team is made up of HR Systems, HR data and analytics, HR compliance, Employee relations and the HR service centre, which includes our support, administration, compliance, travel and payroll teams.
Reporting to the EVP HR and part of a bigger HR team, this role will be a peer to the SVP HR Markets, SVP HR Headquarters and Org effectiveness, VP Talent and VP Reward. The HR team consists of over 140 associates across Europe, of which at least half are based in Amsterdam.
The Position - VP HR Operations, Services & Systems
The VP HR Operations, Services and Systems is responsible for defining the overall strategy to provide HR services, operations and systems in the most effective and efficient way ensuring an optimal experience for our employees and making sure we operate with a one team mind-set.
Whilst the role is highly strategic, the nature of our business and the work means it will be essential to hold leaders accountable for driving end to end process ownership and continuous improvement thinking. This applies to what is delivered, how the team operate and leadership of the team. Leading a sizable team, ensuring each team member can bring their authentic self to work every day is essential as is balancing delivery equally focusing on the what is delivered and how it is delivered to maximize performance, engagement and talent within the team.
In addition she/he will also drive the strategy towards further expanding the scope of the systems and services where it makes sense across Europe and will work with counterparts in the markets, US and Asia.
The role requires high levels of collaboration and influence, not only in HR but also with counterparts in Legal, Technology and compliance in Europe and the US. The position shapes and drives the strategy and focuses on flawless executions of all services, knowing the delivery from this team is the backbone of HR and directly influences the employee experience. The position is essential for enabling the company to make well informed decisions about our most important asset - people!
You will report to the EVP HR.
The role will lead senior leaders who are responsible for;
Senior Director, HR Service & Operations Centre
- HR Service - The most critical influencer to our associate HR experience as their first point of contact. The HR Services team answer first line questions physically, digitally or by phone from associates or managers and manage the associate facing and knowledge portal (ServiceNow)
- HR Operations - This team are the glue which connects so many of our teams together, managing tickets generated from Service Now or our HRM system, Workday the HR operations team manage and own the representation of our organisation in Workday, working closely with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners they ensure data integrity, create contracts and letters as required.
- Payroll - For the Netherlands, overtime this may expand to European payroll management.
- Travel, being the European head office, means our associates often need to travel, although outsourced to Egencia the constant evaluation, evolvement and management of travel is required to ensure high levels of service, and a conscious eye on travel costs, policies and sustainability.
Director, Employee Relations and Works Council
- As part of our culture of inclusion it is important associates have a mechanism to raise concerns, our employee relations team continually balance the needs of the business with the needs of associates and provide objective guidance to both, whether it be misconduct, disciplinary, absence, conflict, sickness or other ER related topics.
- With a Works Council founded only in 2021 for head office, and soon to be established in other departments, leadership and partnership is essential for continued co decision making, consultation and partnership.
Senior Director, HR Systems and Compliance
A Senior Director leads this both HR systems and Compliance
- The HR systems team manage our current HR systems and also seek opportunities where technology can offer to simplify, standardise and streamline HR processes and operation.
- The HR Systems team own the ongoing development and integrations of all HR systems for Europe and work in partnership with peers in the US for support.
- In HR, data accuracy and related controls are critical, the focus on compliance is shared throughout the above teams who all focus on data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) to protect our teams and organization and embed these in our processes and systems.
- Compliance - Drive effective data governance and SOX controls across our HR operations & payroll teams, in cooperation with our risk, control, and audit teams.
Director, HR Reporting and Analytics
- Critical to the success of our business is great decision making, the Reporting and Analytics team understand this and create not only reporting but also insights for HR and business leaders to make key decisions.
- With HR and business stakeholders this team identifies key performance indicators for the organizations HR functions; assesses the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 15+ years of broad HR management experience
- Experienced in managing teams in Services, Operations and Payroll, advantage is also have managed teams in HR Systems, Compliance and HR Reporting, Data.
- Experienced in Leadership roles
- Experience leading change, including customer focused projects
- Previous proven success in bringing teams together to unite and deliver against impactful objectives
- Experience leading through leaders and large teams using both internal and external resources.
- Effective and adaptable communication to successfully work collaboratively with senior leaders and peers
- Demonstrates high levels of personal accountability
- Commercially driven and high levels of business acumen
- Proven experience of influencing to deliver positive change
- Shares information actively and deals with conflict constructively
- Proven experience of high impact vendor management
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.