A Global Financial Services firm are currently looking to hire an interim Talent and Leadership Development Consultant.
The function supports the transformation of the firm through a focus on talent development and ensuring rigor in all in our people decisions through three clear value propositions:
- Integrated frameworks for assessment focused on leadership capability, potential and suitability.
- Consistent talent practices including a focus on key talent segments, focusing on mission critical capabilities, enabling transparency on career paths and active pipeline management for fast potential talent.
- Future proofing learning platforms to drive a learning culture and contribute to the future of work.
With the firm's transformation well underway, a new Head of HR appointed in 2020, and an increased focus on the identification and development of senior talent across the business, the Talent & Development function is reviewing its value propositions and considering options for the future delivery of T&D across the firm.
The Talent and Leadership consultant will partner with the Leadership Planning and Development team to do a current-state assessment of the T&D landscape across the firm, summarize good and best T&D practice at other companies, define quantitative and qualitative outcomes the T&D function will drive in the future, and develop options and recommendations for the future delivery of T&D across the firm. There will be a particular focus on leadership and management development in the first phase of support.
The key audience and set of stakeholders for this work includes the HR Executive Committee, the Head of HR, the Chief Transformation Officer and, ultimately, the firms Management Board.
- Drive the project in a structured way using PPM disciplines, demonstrating a clear understanding of the strategic agenda and taking ownership of the end-to-end delivery of the work.
- Applying concepts and frameworks across the T&D project lifestyle and advising the senior project owner on next steps, issues, and risks in order to ensure project success from conception to final implementation
- Contribute to developing T&D solutions by using outside in views / theoretical knowledge proactively setting out hypothesizes to create practical actions to meet strategic requirements
- Formulate recommendations for HR and senior business leaders on core T&D development options by developing a detailed understanding of the available programmes, tools and processes across the full T&D product suite
- Use advanced problem solving and data analysis skills to identify appropriate T&D interventions for key talent segments and drive end-to-end projects to ensure objectives are delivered in a structured and commercially relevant way
- Working independently to handle complex analyses and assessing best possible solutions for senior team members
- Skilled at preparing a business case and presentations with an analytical storyline for a senior executive audience; confident at liaising with senior stakeholders when required.
- Cultivate partnerships with key external suppliers to deliver against T&D mandate ensuring quality standards and inflow of innovative/cutting edge practices in leadership and talent development are maintained.
- Work in a flexible, agile way, collaborating internationally and across geographic locations as required
Knowledge/Skills & experience required:
- Demonstrated experience in senior leadership / talent/organizational development field
- Management consulting or project management experience
- Experience of partnering with senior stakeholders across all areas of a business
- Experience translating business requirements into clear actionable development solutions
- Experience handling, interrogating and analyzing large quantities of data in Excel and providing it to a senior executive audience to support decision making
- Experience developing briefings and presentations for senior executive meetings
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem solving skills; ability to come up with creative yet structured solutions and lead projects to deliver outcomes
- Degree level education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Agile and flexible; able to adapt style and plans according to the situation and stakeholder dynamics
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities
- Ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders based on an understanding of their needs and requirements
- Ability to independently identify a problem, isolate the root cause, work through multiple solutions, and formulate a realistic recommendation
- Strong attention to detail
- Business acumen and commercial orientation
- Collaborative; able to build productive partnerships with both the business and different areas in HR to drive execution
- Proactive and outcome-oriented; focuses energy on opportunities for greatest yield
- Resilient and positive; can-do attitude and self-starter
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.