The benefits administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs and of certain individual benefit arrangements reimbursed fully or partly via payroll (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and accident plans, flexible spending plans and pension/retirement plans). The benefits administrator also provides excellent customer service and partners with the CoE and the external vendors to deliver quality benefits plans, to improve existing programs admin and to plan & execute operational communications, to monitor benefits administration, as well as to provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the overall benefit programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting.
- Coordinate daily benefits admin processing. Handle enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Partner with CoE to Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, enrollment, summary plan descriptions and any large-scale changes resulting from legislative change or redesign. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
- Partner with CoE and local HR teams to populate benefits data repository.
- Ensure timely governance and expansion of the benefits admin repository.
- Aligning the data of Stryker with the data that is administered at the vendors. This data check needs to be performed on a routine basis.
- Serve as the primary contact for employees with regards to any benefits related questions. Coordinate and inform employees when they are eligible for certain benefits.
- Partner with the project team and the Local HR for any benefits admin related inquiry expansion.
- Perform plan audits. Together with payroll specialist/manager, prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments and data audit. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration of overall benefits program.
- Provide data and reporting often in collaboration with myHR specialist and Payroll manager to support local HR and CoE Benefits analysis requirements.
- Survey industry trends and complete benefits surveys. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 2-4 years HR Administration experience, out of which 1-3 years should be in Employee Benefits Administration/Benefits Specialist.
- Fluent Dutch and English language are a must. In addition, fluent German/French/ Spanish would be highly desirable.
- Analytical and reporting experience as a Benefits Admin. Analyst is highly desirable.
- Good communication skills, both written as well as spoken.
- Excellent customer service and administrative orientation.
- Strong knowledge of HR and Benefits data, function and business processes.
- Experience with Workday application is preferred.
- Strong in stakeholder management and focus on solving the internal customer problems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to create and understand Excel formulas, link reports and create interactive dashboards if necessary.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage and work to bring clarity through ambiguity and complexity and support multiple projects/ processes simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effectively manage confidential data, and professional work with colleagues in establishing and adhering to data governance standards.
- Being able to travel in Europe for training purposes.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.