HR Director - Group and Corporate Services
London / Portsmouth and ad hoc UK travel (3 days on site / 2 days remote per week)
£120,000 - £140,000 + Healthcare, discretionary bonus to 35%, pension, car allowance, and many other benefits.
Working for an international progressive engineering organisation, this is an exciting opportunity and a brand new role created to partner with Senior Executives in Corporate Services based in the London Head office and multi-site. You will be responsible for 10 HRBP direct reports based around the UK over 9 sites, 60% of your time spread between the London head office and a site in Portsmouth, as well as ad hoc travel to other sites across the UK when needed, the rest working remotely. The business encourages a good work/life balance
- This is a newly created role and you will have the opportunity to make it your own and develop the people strategy effectively supporting the Head Office Functions and their teams
- Overseeing the full employee lifecycle and being hands on and able to partner with the corporate services functions who are based in multiple locations over the UK sites, as well as the Executive C-Suite Team who are mostly London based, and working with HRBPs (10 direct reports) to deliver the people plan across the business.
- Being responsible for delivering and supporting all people related matters, including coaching, learning, succession planning, recognition and reward, development, engagement, policy and process
- Managing cultural change, implementation and development as the business changes and grows/develops
- Partnering with the Senior Executives, working on implementation of initiatives, projects and other people related priorities
- Building strong relationships across the business, collaborating, influencing and being a visible role model in the business.
- You will have worked at either a Senior HRBP for a large matrix business, or as Head of or HR Director level previously, you will have experience managing people, creating a people plan and delivering across multi- sites.
- You will come from a progressive and innovative Engineering or similar, related sector
- Be a critical thinker, have a strategic mindset and be able to deliver ideas into reality to deadlines.
- You'll be a collaborator, a trusted advisor and able to build relationships across the business and get the best out of people.
- A strong generalist background, experience of implementing strategy and be engaging and able to empower your team.
- Strong HR practices, experience of working in a Unionised environment and be commercially aware
- Either an HR qualification such as CIPD, or qualified through experience.
If this is of interest please apply on line to be considered.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.