HR Director, £100,000 - £120,000 plus good benefits, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Working for an SME of around 160 employees in the R&D, engineering and energy space, this is a very exciting time to join the business and support the organisation grow whilst it develops new technology that will change the way we live in the future!
As part of the Senior Leadership Team and reporting to the CEO, the organisation are looking for a high performing HR Director who will have extensive and regular contact with the Executive Directors as well as the wider business and Board. You'll be responsible for leading a small team of HR professionals and ensure that the business is meeting its people objectives, working closely to achieve the overall company strategy. Based just south of Oxford in Abingdon and working around 2 to 3 days in the office and the rest from home, you will have a passion for energy, research and development, be curious and challenge the status quo, you'll be a strong influencer and enjoy working with a highly skilled workforce in collaboration to achieve company objectives
- Managing a small team of three, who will generally deal with all day to day BAU HR and recruiment and you would be responsible then for more complex generalist queries and bigger projects as required
- Implementing a people plan to support the future growth of the business, ensuring processes are of highest quality
- Where the business has grown quickly, support cultural change and the development from a very small to mid size company in a short time span and review values, company focus etc.
- Succession planning and talent management, ensuring a robust model is in place and attracting / developing talent for the future including the onboarding process
- Lead and develop internal and external relationships, managing communications
- Be an influencer with the Board and Leadership team, being part of the company business objective settings from a people perspective
- Establishing and Implementing a wider range of projects, from implementation of a new HRIS, through to transformation, people strategy, well being, DE&I, digitalisation, Employee Engagement
- Lead reward, benefits, annual reviews etc, implement /review all processes and policy
- Continuous improvement in all HR areas to ensure the business remains leading in not only what it is achieving but from a people perspective as well
Skills and Experience
- You will be a highly motivated, high performing, Senior HR professional operating either at HR Director or Head of HR level currently and be excited by the opportunity to make a difference in a growing company
- Experience within the R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Scientific, Automotive sectors or something similar, maybe a business that has taken a product to market, is fast paced and ever changing.
- Strong leadership skills and a passion for all things people related, you will also have excellent stakeholder and strong influencing skills
- Experience of managing and recruiting a high performing HR team, a passion for D&I and enjoy communicating to the business
- You will have a strong HR generalist knowledge and also have strong experience of project implementation and delivery.
- You'll have had experience working closely with the Board and been part of or worked closely with Senior Leadership teams before
- CIPD Level 7 qualified or relevant experience and experience working in smaller sized businesses.
To be considered please apply online
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.