Group HR Manager (Stand Alone / Multi-site) within the Manufacturing / Construction sector, based in East Kent £60,000 - £80,000 + car, bonus, pension, healthcare
A very exciting opportunity has arisen within an agile, growing and fast paced independent company who are leading the way in their sector,
Based in Canterbury, Kent (2-3 days a week) and to cover the remaining sites in the South East Region (visiting approx. once a fortnight)
This is a senior level, consultative, autonomous and stand alone role which covers a multi-site workforce and will be very much focused on advisory and troubleshooting support as well as facilitating group projects. The ideal candidate will have a consultative approach or background, have strong ER and project experience and be an independent thinker.
The role objectives:
- Reporting to the Group FD and with dotted line direct to the Chairman this is a role where you really can make a difference and make change happen
- You will spend your time supporting multi-site line managers and the SLT with a consultative advisory approach in all aspects of HR, employee relations, operations and compliance.
- Responsible for light touch line management of 4 (payroll & pension teams and HR admin)
- You will be responsible for championing the company brand, learning culture and development through delivery of developing talent processes systems by way of review and improvement.
Day to day duties:
- Manage and develop policy and process, regularly reviewing and improving
- Coordinate group training and supporting development, leadership, succession planning and recruitment
- Working closely with the SLT to develop group wide HR strategy and to plan and implement projects
- Work on all Employee Relations cases escalated beyond line management
- Support effective employee engagement surveys and follow up actions
- Manage the compliance risk
- Manage cultural change and projects around this, promote the company values
- Union discussions and relationship building
- A strong Generalist Senior HR Manager background used to working at Senior Leadership level
- You will have worked in a stand alone, autonomous role previously, either employed or maybe as a consultant
- A strong strategic and projects background but also day to day HR experience and a hands on approach
- Sector experience in manufacturing, construction, engineering or a similar organisation
- You will have very strong Employee Relations experience and be able to manage cases from end to end
- You will be innovative and open to change
- Trade union involvement and experience required.
- Experience of a multi-site business is highly desirable
To be considered for this role, please apply online now!
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.