GDPR /General Data Protection Regulation Lead for a fast paced business in Reading £48,000 - £50,000 + excellent benefits
This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys and has experience in GDPR but is also passionate about delivering updates and training to the UK business and really raising the profile an awareness of GDPR specifically.
Benefits include early finish on a Friday, 27 days holiday and product discounts as well as a competitive salary.
The role will be based from the office in Reading, however UK wide travel will be needed on occasions (expenses paid)
- You will play a key role in the governance and accountability requirements for monitoring and maintaining compliance with the data protection policy and procedures across the UK business
- Identify training needs across the business, working with relevant business functions to support and deliver regional requirements for all data protection needs
- Review data retention guidelines and ensure they adhered to
- Conduct due diligence and check for risk
- Maintain 3rd party registers
- Manage access requests and work closely with the compliance team
- Work closely with Regional Heads and other key stakeholders in the business
Skills and Experience
- Experience within a GDPR or Compliance role previously
- Strong knowledge of data protection / compliance and the implications around non-compliance
- Ability to work closely with the business and deliver updates in conjunction with training to the UK market
- Experience working with data, updating policies and processes and able to use HRIS and be databases savvy to an advanced level
- Have a collaborative approach, enjoy working with other teams and building relationships across the business
- Experience of working with complex and high volume GDPR / Compliance requests with a focus on speed and accuracy
- Experience for a large and high volume business is highly desirable
To be considered for the role please apply online
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.