The Leave and Benefits Administrator will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, and short-term or long-term disability plans. Regarding Benefits administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs. This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Handles the FMLA leave administration process from the employees initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s).
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- 2 years of leave and benefits administration experience
- Must have recent experience using ADP
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.